Cooking with Nomadica — Bowlcut Power Bowl
Need to use up the ingredients in your fridge? Or looking for a protein packed, easy weekday dinner? Chef Chris has the perfect plate for you. Try this Power Bowl—and don’t forget the secret ingredient, Bowlcut Sauce.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 5 grape tomatoes halved
- 1 oz thinly sliced radish
- 1 oz shredded carrot
- 1 oz shredded cabbage
- 2 oz grilled asparagus
- 1/2 oz sliced shallot
- 1 oz brown beechwood mushrooms (any mushrooms will do)
- 4 oz sliced grilled chicken breast
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp bowlcut charsiu sauce
- 1 tbl bowlcut chili crisp
- 1 egg
How to Make
- Cook quinoa in 1 1/2 cups of water. Bring water to a boil and add 1 tsp of salt. Add quinoa and stir. Reduce heat to low and allow to cook for approx. 20 minutes. Turn off heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Fluff quinoa and toss with olive oil.
- While quinoa is cooking, sautee beechwood mushrooms with salt and pepper, and grill chicken and asparagus (or roast!).
- Fry 1 egg in a non stick pan till edges are crispy. Reserve.
- Place cooked quinoa in a bowl and begin adding toppings you prepared. Top with crispy egg and garnish with Bowlcut Charsiu and Chili Crisp.
[Note: This recipes components are interchangeable, food is fun, so play around with ingredients you have from the night before or prepare large batches of components for meal prep!]