Cooking with Nomadica — Chef Chris' Pork Tenderloin with Chimichurri + Green Bean Saute
Chef Chris Lu is a Taiwanese-American chef and consultant based in Los Angeles. After years of training in restaurant management and operations, he transitioned full time to the culinary arts. He trained under Joseph Centeno and was mentored by Mark Peel and focuses on healthy, seasonal California cuisine.
Pair Chef Chris' phenomenal Pork Tenderloin with our Rosé for a bonkers meal.
Pork Tenderloin with Chimichurri + Green Bean Saute
- 1 bunch of parsley (roughly 6-7oz) finely chopped (by hand or you can use a food processor)
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic (sliced)
- 2 Tbs of Red wine vinegar (more can be added to taste)
- 1 tsp of dried oregano of 2 tsp of fresh oregano chopped
- 1 red chili cored deseeded and chopped (more can be added to taste)
- 1 tsp of lemon juice (preferably fresh, more can be added)
- 2 tsp of salt (more or less to taste)
Combine all dry ingredients (except salt) and mix with wet ingredients. Allow to homogenize for about 30 minutes. Add salt, stir well and allow to sit for another 1 minute. Salt to taste and lemon juice thereafter.
- 1.5 lbs - 1.75 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1 tbs Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 tbs canola, or grapeseed oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season tenderloin in salt and allow to marinate for 1 hour (up to 4). Pat dry before cooking. Heat large skillet on high till you see little wisps from pan. Add oil and carefully add pork tenderloin. Carefully press down and sear one side for 2 minutes on high and reduce heat to medium. Sear all other sides on medium for about 3 minutes (approx 9 minutes). Sprinkle pepper on top of the roast and place in oven for approx 8-10 minutes or till thermometer reads an internal temperature of 165 degrees F
Green Bean Sautee
- 1/2 lb of green beans
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbs butter or olive oil (non virgin)
- 1 Tsp of salt or salt to taste
Boil green beans for 1 minute in salted water. Remove and place in cold ice water for 1 minute (this brightens the beans and allows even cooking). Heat skillet on medium with butter and garlic. When butter begins to foam add drained green beans and salt. Cook for approx 8 minutes or till desired tenderness.